Homoeopathy for pain and inflammation
- Inflammation is a part of the body’s defense mechanism and plays a key role in limiting the disease process and triggers the healing mechanism.
- The attack could be by a foreign body or a pathogen. Pathogens include bacteria, viruses and other organism which cause infection.
- Sometimes the body mistakenly perceives its own cells or tissues as harmful. These are autoimmune disorders. E.g. diabetes type I
- Inflammation may contribute to a wide range of chronic diseases e.g. metabolic syndrome: type 2 diabetes, obesity and heart disease.
- Acute inflammation is short lived, but chronic inflammation can continue for months & years. It can have links to various disease such as 1) diabetes 2) cardiovascular diseases 3) allergies 4) Psoriasis 5) Rheumatoid arthritis 6) COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Factors which increases the risk of chronic inflammation include 1) old age 2) obesity 3) smoking 4) stress 5) sleep problem 5) low sex hormones 7) a diet which is rich in fats and sugar